New diver From NW Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Payrion

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I did my first Dive in Mexico last July.It was a "discover". dive, no training needed, We didn't even get the pool sessions, it was flooded with sewage. It was fun but I was a ball of nerves. I got home and found a local dive shop and got my SDI open water in august. A month later I found another shop that is SSI and this shop is more geared towards the recreational diver. I attend all the Pool sessions they have each month. Yesterday I completed Perfect Buoyancy course. My wife will be getting her open water in April. I ready for the summer to come to hit the local Quarries. Anyways wanted to say hey!

Welcome to SB. Took OW in 1998 in Indy with checkout dives in Grand Cayman. I've yet to dive anywhere on the mainland USA - not even in our Indiana quarries. Maybe one day for something to do.

You can get some good advice here on the board. Have fun diving this summer!

I did my first Dive in Mexico last July.It was a "discover". dive, no training needed, We didn't even get the pool sessions, it was flooded with sewage. It was fun but I was a ball of nerves. I got home and found a local dive shop and got my SDI open water in august. A month later I found another shop that is SSI and this shop is more geared towards the recreational diver. I attend all the Pool sessions they have each month. Yesterday I completed Perfect Buoyancy course. My wife will be getting her open water in April. I ready for the summer to come to hit the local Quarries. Anyways wanted to say hey!

Haigh or France Park?

And which local SDI shop did you take your OW through?

Great shallow wrecks in Lake Michigan once you get some experience. Boat goes out of Hammond.

I did my check out dives at haigh. I went thru lake county divers supply. Maybe I’ll get interest in the lake. Cold water doesn’t do much for me at this point. The quarry was more then cold for me.

thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to Scubaboard. Very pleased to have you join us. Sounds like you're hooked pretty good on this addicting sport of ours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom