New Diver here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRob0311

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to diving and hope to learn a lot more! I just was on honeymoon and we both got Padi OW certified and had a great time doing it in the Dominican Republic.

Here are some pictures and I hope to take many more in the future.

Attachments

• 20190913_105923A.jpg
    20190913_105923A.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190912_114131A.jpg
    20190912_114131A.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
New to diving and hope to learn a lot more! I just was on honeymoon and we both got Padi OW certified and had a great time doing it in the Dominican Republic.
Congrats on both accounts. Did you have a great time with the course and diving as well....?

I did, we actually did all the course work over two days online then did pool and first 2 dives another day and last 2 dives the next day. The dives were only about 25 feet deep but we had a blast. We want to try and get some more dives in soon but we live in upstate NY so not sure how much longer we have before winter sets in.
We haven't used wetsuits either so thinking of going to local dive shop and maybe trying them out in their pool.

Welcome to what can be a lifetime of fun and adventure!

Operating out of the upstate New York area, trained/certified in a tropical Caribbean destination, haven't needed a wetsuit yet. While recreational scuba tends to be an expensive hobby (at least for those who don't live near a coast with good diving), how expensive can be mitigated to a point.

At least from Nashville, TN, airfare with Southwest Airlines with 2 free checked bags to/from Key Largo is pretty low cost. From there, you can take a rental vehicle down for a week in the Florida Keys for surprisingly good diving. Once you've got a good comfort level and are ready for some deeper diving, some drifting, Jupiter starts to look good for big animals (I haven't dove West Palm Beach, or the wrecks of Ft. Lauderdale, but know there's a lot of diving between Key Largo and Jupiter). And when you're ready for decent-sized shark action around deep wrecks, Morehead City and Wilmington, North Carolina, have offshore wreck diving with sand tiger sharks.

Cozumel is reputable for very enjoyable trips on a Budget. I see Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan as the target for budget trips, and it gets good reviews. There are more.

You'll probably want to pick up Nitrox and Advanced OW training and certifications, too.

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and to scuba!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom