New Diver in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buhund

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings all. I just finished by OW checkout dives this weekend. You can see some of the gory details of my less than impressive instructor/class at the end of this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=153194. Anyway, I'm hoping I can tag along with some experienced diver(s) in Austin to continue to improve my general diving ability.

I'm comfortable underwater, don't have an ego, and just want to get better. I'm hoping I can get at least a few dives in prior to my trip to Cozumel in July. Saturday's are generally bad for me due to my son playing mutiple sports. However Sunday's usually aren't too bad.

So if anyone is open to diving with a new guy in rental gear let me know. :D

Welcome to the board!

Shaggie and I will surely be doing lots of mid-week dives and some weekend ones too.

Plus there are always people who will post threads looking for buddies in advance.

Welcome to the swamp Buhund. Like Hemlon said, folks are allways getting to gether at the lake. Keep an eye on this forum and you'll see them pop up. Also, check out the thread for the May SSASS. We get together once a month for food and drinks. SSASS stands for Second Saturday Austin Swampers Social.

If you find yourself in south Austin, swing by Oak Hill Scuba. I'm usually there.

Dare I ask which shop you had such a bad experience at? You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable announcing it on the thread (probably better idea anyways). I've got a few friends and my gf that are interested in getting certified, and I don't want to get a poor instructor, although I think I have a good one or two in mind.

Kevin

Welcome to the wonderful world of SCUBA! As Hemlon said, if you want to dive just PM one of us or post a thread there's usualy someone going out on any given day.

Aqua Sports is starting up the weekly dives again. We are talking about going out this Wed night for a little boat diving on Travis. If you are interested, call or stop by the shop. New divers are always welcome.

Igodeep:
Aqua Sports is starting up the weekly dives again. We are talking about going out this Wed night for a little boat diving on Travis. If you are interested, call or stop by the shop. New divers are always welcome.

Man, I am shrivelin' up and dehydrating here! I am so ready to go diving and all of my usual dive buddies are either whining about the weather or too busy with work right now. :shakehead

Clay, would you or someone else from AAS let us know if tomorrow night's dive is a go? If so, I'm there!! :yeahbaby:

I doubt we are going to make it out tonight. Got some other things to take care of. I'll keep you posted, or stop by AAS.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting you.

- TJ Mahoney

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom