New diver looking for dive buddies in Marco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some guys wear their 3mm, I wear a rash guard but I have no problem staying warm so you would be fine in either. I got my Koah from divers direct in Key Largo, I am not sure about Marco Island but in Naples, about 30 minutes from Marco, Scuba Adventures has a lot of spearfishing stuff. You have a while so personally I would try to get one now before you go if you for sure wanna give it a try, you will want to be real familiar with it before you take it in the water. Its not tough to load but if you don't do it just right you are gonna waste a lot of air trying to re-do it.
I totally agree with becoming familiar with new equipment. I see where the Koah is $500-$700 but they are well worth it if I had as much time to spearfish as I’d like. Unfortunately it would only be a few times a year until I retired. I may go with a good entry level gun if you have any input on those I would appreciate that as well.

I totally agree with becoming familiar with new equipment. I see where the Koah is $500-$700 but they are well worth it if I had as much time to spearfish as I’d like. Unfortunately it would only be a few times a year until I retired. I may go with a good entry level gun if you have any input on those I would appreciate that as well.

If you are looking for a quality gun at a great price, take a look at the MAKO PRedator Pro. For that area, with a mixture of shooting open water fish like jacks and also reef fish like snappers, a good size gun is probably a 110 cm. We would recommend two bands, so you can unload one when shooting into holes.

I'll provide a link and if you have any questions, we would be happy to answer any questions you have over the phone. We only sell direct, with no retail stores - so no retail mark up. You gun will be assembled and the bands hand tied on the day you order it. This means you will have the freshest bands possible. Don't be surprised when you see our prices are mmuch lower than other quality guns and gear.

Thanks

Dano

Predator Pro 3rd Generation Speargun | MAKO Spearguns

Thank you for your reply Dano. I’m serious about Spearfishing/diving as I’ve always wanted to do since I was younger but raising two boys by myself and $$$ kept me from doing such. I look forward to spending more time in SW Florida as I near retirement.

Back
Top Bottom