New diver - Malapascua island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have any specific recommendation about the exact beach where to go or any specific resort any hint would be very welcome, either on the forum or in a private message

Malapascua is so small, the resort or hotel you book is pretty much at most a 10 minute walk from the dive shops. Just choose a dive shop on the south or west beaches, and get a resort on the same side. Regardless, its a small island so you shouldn't have troubles. And by small, I mean you can walk around the whole island in like 3 hours. And a heads up, there's not much else to do on that island except for dive and tanning, so I hope your wife brings a good book.

Cheers.

"Evolution" is the operator.
Evolution Diving Resort in Malapascua, Cebu, Philippines
The MOD should transfer the whole thread to Philippines section.

A very laid back island with more or less nothing to do except diving, eating and sleeping/sun worshiping.
The early morning shark dive is not difficult but have to monitor your spg because of the depth(27m) and relative inexperience. Nitrox won't be able to extend your bottom time because of insufficient gas but it does reduce your N2 intake.
Most if not all operators would insist on AOW qualification because of the depth. Avoid any operators catering mainly chinese or Korean.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation, going to Pangulasian in February. I earned my OW November in Grand Cayman (great time). I'll get my AOW next week in Key Largo. Really trying to gain competency in the water. Can't seem to find anything online regarding diving on Pangulasian. Steve Dunn at Crestmar Dive is the onsite Padi dive trainer.
The diving in El Nido is very ordinary as compare with the best that Philippines can offer.

I will be in Malapascua 3 nights, I tried to contact Kokay Maldito but didn't get an answer
Eventually I booked in Blue Corals Beach resort
Here below I also post a link to another discussion on Malapascua which I found quite informative

Malapascua how long and where ?

Back
Top Bottom