New DiveriteTransplate harness, Bacplate, Travel Wing, got setup questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a Diverite Transplate harness and backplate setup with a travel wing. I am very happy with it and spent the weekend getting it adjusted and setup perfectly for me in the water. I did notice however that the top screw that holds everything together is digging into my new tank and chipping the paint. The way the webbing is through the back plate does not allow the tank strap and rubber protector to slide up and cover the screw like it does on the bottom one. Is something assembled incorrectly or am I missing something?

IMG_3285_zpsax91wfs7.jpg

ditch the screw, or use a plastic one....

Can't ditch the screw since it holds the wing to the backplate and that is the only grommet hole, I'll try the plastic screw.

you can ditch the screw, the cam bands should hold it all on there, just have to make sure it is aligned properly before you cam it down. You can also try plastidipping that end of the sex bolt.

Alternatively as tank scratches are inevitable, just accept it as is.... Not the answer you want to hear, but it's going to get scratched....

you can ditch the screw, the cam bands should hold it all on there, just have to make sure it is aligned properly before you cam it down. You can also try plastidipping that end of the sex bolt.

Alternatively as tank scratches are inevitable, just accept it as is.... Not the answer you want to hear, but it's going to get scratched....

That's an option, thank you and yes, I hear you on the scratches....lol

---------- Post added July 20th, 2015 at 10:16 AM ----------

Just talked with rep from Diverite, he suggested using the plastic screws or going with the STA since it will eliminate the problem as well as give me a more stable attachment to the tank. I like this option....

YEP, what Tbone said:
I don't use the screws either.
Just double checked my rig after reading eelnoraa's post below.
I have carriage bolts & wing nuts.
My wing (rec wing) is trapped against the backplate with a STA (single tank adapter).

Mike D

Last edited:
ditching the screw is fine. But looking at the wing, 1) it doesn't have any kind of pillow to stabilize the tank on to the plate. 2)if you going without the screw, the pressure between the tank and the plate is the only thing holding the wing in place. Looking at the way the center is, it will never be perfectly square. I have to agree this wing is designed to be used with STA Not that it won't work without, but just not mean to be. Look at Oxycheq and DSS wing, they are design to be use without STA.

that too, I've never understood why people are selling dive rite kits without STA's because the wings aren't designed for use without them. They can't be because they wouldn't be compatible with the transpac.

Single tank adapter eliminates the problem and provides a more secure setup for your tank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom