New Diving Family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creekland

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all - just discovered this board last night as I was surfing checking out diving info. My family and I (hubby, myself, and our 3 boys aged 14, 12, 10) just upgraded our snorkeling addiction to Open Water certification in Feb 2006 in Hawaii and absolutely love it doing 4 dives post certification there - including the Manta Ray Night Dive which was literally AWESOME.

So, now we're at the beginning... and learning... We actually live in South Central Pennsylvania, so most of our diving will be in local quarries and we're getting fitted for that through our local dive shop. Then, in August we're set up to take a couple of dives in the St Lawrence River at Brockville (I grew up across the river in Ogdensburg).

Next Feb we want to take a diving trip - but aren't sure where we want to go yet. Mozambique sounds awesome due to the ability to see Whale Sharks. Bonaire's been mentioned to get some more bottom time. We're open to ideas. The main things we need are WARM weather (in Feb) and great diving while staying at that 40' level (or less) that we'll be restricted to until my youngest turns 12. If you know of a great spot - land or liveaboard based - feel free to suggest them.

As for other things? We live on a farm (raise ponies) in rural PA. Hubby's a self employed Civil Engineer. I work with the ponies and substitute teach math/science at our local high school 2 or 3 days a week. Our boys were in public school, but will be homeschooled starting in the fall to allow for more family travel in the "off" season. Our whole family loves traveling... we'd do it for a living if we could... but, being in "real life" we travel, then return to fill the bank account, then travel again.

On this board we plan to look at people's success (or failure) with various equipment to better aid us making our buying choices - and reading dive experiences - and vacation suggestions. Who knows what else? Looking forward to all of it!

Welcome aboard and congrats to your whole family on OW certification!

Welcome to waterworld. Sounds like you have a plan. Hope it all comes true and you have a great diving family life.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:zorros: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! It's incredibly cool to see so many members from all over the world. I'm looking forward to accessing all your (collective) info to help us as we venture into our new addiction!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom