New diving products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mazak Ootak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I am a very experienced diver and dive technician. I have a question, Im looking to manufacture through my own company, diving equipment. Non breathing equipment. I plan to offer solutions to divers for hardware such as cylinder mounting and general fixings and fittings for making the divers life safer and easier. I dont want to say exactly what im doing simply because im in the development stages and dont want some big dive company stealing my ideas. My question is. Where do i look for certification regarding dive equipment? All my proposed products do not need EN250 certification as they are not in the breathing loop. Would the equipment need CE testing? Im just not too sure where to get started with this? Hoping this will start a conversation.... Thanks ..

This could be the new Apple!

You might try contacting Trident and ask how they vet the equipment they add to their catalog. They are a middle man for literally thousands of bits and pieces, some of which may be like what you are planning. I think they manufacture very little of what they sell.
Take a look at their catalog, which you can download here: TRIDENT
If there is some similar stuff, I'd bet you could talk with them without compromising your plans.
Good luck!

I am not sure where to put your thread.
TBH I'm not sure either. I have been researching and developing equipment for the purpose of diving mainly with safety in mind. I'm new on here and not great with navigating the site yet. I will work on this. I was a commercial diver for 10 years and still do recreational but now for a living I build new diving equipment and service in use equipment. On the side I have been doing my research and developing new equipment for recreational and commercial applications. Just a bit of background on me :)

You might try contacting Trident and ask how they vet the equipment they add to their catalog. They are a middle man for literally thousands of bits and pieces, some of which may be like what you are planning. I think they manufacture very little of what they sell.
Take a look at their catalog, which you can download here: TRIDENT
If there is some similar stuff, I'd bet you could talk with them without compromising your plans.
Good luck!
Thats a great lead for me. Thankyou!

Back
Top Bottom