New DUI San Diego or Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomcatbubba

Trimix Instructor | Master Instructor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi folks, would like some opinions and advice to help me narrow down between two drysuits I am considering. I can get a new DUI San Diego for a fantastic deal; or a used Aqua Lung Fusion with Bullet skin (about 1 year old, less than 5 dives) for what appears to be an OK deal; probably right at market value. I'll mainly be using it to teach in the local quarries on the East coast. Not looking at any other options, so thoughts on the DUI San Diego? It's such a new suit, which unfortunately means not a lot of data out there.

Thanks!
TB

I bought a San Diego a few weeks back. I've had it out once and plan to be diving it again this weekend. It's a fine suit from what I've used of it so far. The biggest downside is the price of the replacement seals since it has Zip Seals, but they are really easy to put in and take out.

Cool thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the zips are a bit pricey, but seeing as I send my old suit out for new seals, with labor and the materials they run a little less than the zips so I guess it is a wash.

Less than 2K give or take. I think I can get the fusion (with silicon SLT seals on wrist and neck) for about $800 which is tempting. The rest of the $$ I can use for my training fund. Like I said, the suit has only a few dives so is pretty much new.

how great is the deal on the san diego and how well do you fit in the stock sizes? are you getting it through a shop discount? if so, is it your only option?

i dive a fusion tech and it pretty much came down to a combination of getting one at a low price and being an odd size that would require a mtm suit if it wasn't a fusion.

otoh, your budget is close enough to get you into an ursuit if you call up DRIS.

You can get a custom made to measure suit within your budget. I like my suit, but I'm a little biased. lol

Less than 2K give or take. I think I can get the fusion (with silicon SLT seals on wrist and neck) for about $800 which is tempting. The rest of the $$ I can use for my training fund. Like I said, the suit has only a few dives so is pretty much new.

that'll get you into a custom fit USIA or O'Three which I would personally go with over the others, but if you fit into the fusion and it's $800, then I'd just grab that

Have you tried any of those suits on?
I know nothing of the DUI San Diego.
For $800 as long as the Fusion fits, just go that route.
I have a Bullet and there are things I like about it and others I dislike.

With the drama going on at DUI, I would be more comfortable with the fusion for long term support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom