New England Vintage Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
No luck finding anybody on the www.Vintagescubasupply.com forum. So any Vintage divers living in the New England area want to start diving with me. It gets lonely diving vintage alone and besides that I can't take any pictures of myself doing it. So come one, come all and join me and feel the freedom of VINTAGE EQUIPMENT DIVING......YES IT IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny D

Tried top get some interest to charter a boat on Lake Champlain a while back for some Vintage / Wreck Diving. No real takers. Going to be in VT starting Wednesday, but except for a lake dive with the trusty Aquamaster on Thursday, schedule is full now.

It would be fun to maybe try for next summer to get a full day charter to some of the wrecks in the Historic preserve with just Vintage divers. I'm doing a Non Vintage with the charter captain up there next Friday night, I'll run it by him.

Alternately, drive down to Central PA Labor day weekend, and we'll dive during the Hard Hat divers Rally. Let me know, I hang out here and over at Dan's site.

DSDO

Dan,
I'm 100 miles west of Albany, NY. I'm game! It takes me a mere 75 mins to get from where I am to Schenectady, NY. Perhaps we can meet this summer and do some 'Vintage Dives' to Lake George, etc? I have also wanted to dive Sacandaga Lake as well. Its a man-made lake with lots of history buried - an old cemetery, railroad tracks, a church, etc. Never dove it yet. Fairly shallow lake. I also have some Paramedic friends in Schenectady that I used to work as an EMT with that dive as well.

Let hook up man!

Scoobie, why don't you come to the vintage dive in Fla coming up very soon at the end of March. I plan on being there to make a fool out of myself so I would enjoy your company. Just a thought. N

Nemrod,
Thanks, but for 2 reasons I won't be able to be in FLA in March.
1) I am a FT college student right now in the middle of semester 6 or 8.
2) Bryan and I had a Hookah Adapter 'war' last year when we were competitors both after the Hookah Adapter market. Sadly, it left us non-speaking competitors.

After reviewing the legalities of selling scuba gear I withdrew selling my parts on eBay. Just didn't feel selling my adapters was worth the risk in today's world of fast-cash, easy lawsuits, etc. I doubt I'd be welcomed at the Vintage Dive gathering.

Thanks for the thought though...

ScoobieDooo:
Nemrod,
Thanks, but for 2 reasons I won't be able to be in FLA in March.
1) I am a FT college student right now in the middle of semester 6 or 8.
2) Bryan and I had a Hookah Adapter 'war' last year when we were competitors both after the Hookah Adapter market. Sadly, it left us non-speaking competitors.

After reviewing the legalities of selling scuba gear I withdrew selling my parts on eBay. Just didn't feel selling my adapters was worth the risk in today's world of fast-cash, easy lawsuits, etc. I doubt I'd be welcomed at the Vintage Dive gathering.

Thanks for the thought though...

Well, sorry to hear all that, I was unaware of all that stuff, hope maybe sometime you guys will become friends again.

What is a "FT" student?

I work in a city that supports a strong aviation industry. There are many small companies and several of my friends have computer 3 axis mills and laths etc in their shops. It would be no big deal for me to have any number of things made but that is not my buisness so I prefer to buy from those who already have invested the effort. The profit is just to low for a partner and myself (machining specialty items). I have been looking at getting an old Bridgeport (mill) myself for hobby purposes. N

FT = Full Time student. Yea, a CNC machine would be sweet too as would a Bridgeport. I was in Industrial Sales for 16 yrs and know all about Bridgebports, etc. I would have prefered to make my own (or have made) a CNC milled version offering 3 3/8" UNC LP Ports for Octopus, LP BC Inflator Hose, Drysuit, etc.

This Summer the New England Vintage Divers all two of us ....me and Scoobie are going to dive alot!!!!!!!!!!!!! And whom ever else comes our way can join us !!!!!

Dan,
You know it dude...I'm seeking to do some dives at Sacandaga, NY, Lake George, NY, etc. I will also PM you about a Vermont dive as well...

Danny D:
No luck finding anybody on the www.Vintagescubasupply.com forum. So any Vintage divers living in the New England area want to start diving with me. It gets lonely diving vintage alone and besides that I can't take any pictures of myself doing it. So come one, come all and join me and feel the freedom of VINTAGE EQUIPMENT DIVING......YES IT IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny D
Hello Dan,where in MA are you from.I wouldn't mine doing a Vintage dive sometime.I probably have the biggest collection of old scuba gear in New England.It would be cool to do a Vintage dive and gets some pics of it.Talk to you later.Mike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom