New England Wreck Day #1 (Block Island, RI) Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For some reason I have a hard time getting back in the water after the first dive. I have just kept to a dive a day, although the Sep. 15 boat dive will be different! My goal is to keep up with the big boys (and gals - sorry C-Otter!)

Sounds like a great dive guys!

I'm definately in for next time... unless I have to go to another wedding or something (the first weekend in october). How's the weekend of the 21st for everyone? Too soon?

MSilvia once bubbled...
Sounds like a great dive guys!

I'm definately in for next time... unless I have to go to another wedding or something (the first weekend in october). How's the weekend of the 21st for everyone? Too soon?

I could do sat. 9/21. Let me know soon... the boat seems to be avail. right now.

I think Dan and Jeff have plans... how about KKMatt?

I do have plans, but thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, I know that Jim is also unavailable because he as 10 OW newbies to get in the water.

I was talking about the Idene dive at my dive club last night. One of the real serious wreck divers [dove the U-Who last weekend] asked me who I used.

He hadn't heard of Jim, but recommended a boat out of Point Judith. Searching for dive boats in Rhode Island, I think it was the Blind Squirrel. He said the Black Point is a really nice wreck. He also mentioned the L-8 in another conversation, so I asked him about it. He said it's in about 110 fsw, but it's a dirty dive and is best done at low tide slack...

Oh... and I may be available that weekend...

My LDS advertises charters on the Blind Squirrel. When I grab tanks for the weekend to the Shoals, I will ask.

They are out of Snug Harbor, RI to the best of my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom