New fins came with narrow tubular nylon - What's it for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't know the airshow was going to be tomorrow until after booked my OW dives or else I'd say let's meet up. New guy to FLL didn't get the frickin' memo =)

What time will you be done. The show ends around 5. I think we are headed to funky Buddha brewery after for a couple drinks. Don’t know if your a beer guy or not

Man, went out this am and got my 1st 2 OW dives in and was back at the dock by 12:00.

But, had house "stuff" to do today and just got back to our temp apt.

I don't drink but one of these days we'll catch up and grab something...

Lucky to have the Angels there. One of the best parts of the show is the preflight ceremony.
Tried to upload a YouTube video, but can't seem to do it.

Lucky to have the Angels there. One of the best parts of the show is the preflight ceremony.
Tried to upload a YouTube video, but can't seem to do it.
post the URL and I'll see if I can link it for you.

Man, went out this am and got my 1st 2 OW dives in and was back at the dock by 12:00.

But, had house "stuff" to do today and just got back to our temp apt.

I don't drink but one of these days we'll catch up and grab something...
How did I you like the fins?
Did you put on the black nylon over the springs or left as is?
Curious:)

How did I you like the fins?
Did you put on the black nylon over the springs or left as is?
Curious:)
LOVED the fins.

My old fins, that I bought circa 2001, were Aqualung Blades II and were pretty decent fins themselves and have only been wet maybe 10 times (snorkel mostly and scuba 2 DSD dives) but they were LONG, heavy and just didn't fit the backplate and wing 'theme'.

The Eddy's felt great. Felt very light and didn't have any issues at all. I was practicing some helicopter turning and frog kicks and felt like they had a ton more power than the Blades II. I need a LOT of work on my finning but think the Eddy's will be in my bag for a long time. I did't have any toe cramping in the foot pocket like others have had and the springs felt just right on the snugness. I wear a 10.5 shoe typically and dove them in a pair of 3mm O'Neil booties.

I didn't add the nylon covers because, since I just moved down to FL, I don't yet have my toolbox here (movers are packing our old house up next week) and I didn't have a screwdriver to remove the springs =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom