New fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am NOT a diver would love to learn one day. I was given some long full foot fins by my mother that only used them once in 3 years(not diving but to swim with her fish) then gave to me due to I live next to a lake and love swimming. First time I put them on with the socks that came with the fins I got a cut like blister on my foot below my big toe on my right foot. Left foot is fine. The fins say "head" and "volo one" on them. Again I'm NOT a diver I don't know what I have. If someone could help me also so I stop cutting my feet that would be appreciated thank you

Attachments

• 155901353609824394678.jpg
    155901353609824394678.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 124
Open heeled fins with dive "booties" (really part of your wetsuit) is the way to avoid hurting feet on rocky shores, etc. Full fit fins are at times used in warm water, but nothing to cut your feet entering. I haven't used mine since about 2008 when I last snorkeled. I have yet to see a snorkeler use open heeled fins and booties.

Wow your mother must have a big fishtank

Your fins are designed to be worn with a neoprene bootie with a sole and protective rubber compound at the top

Wow your mother must have a big fishtank

Your fins are designed to be worn with a neoprene bootie with a sole and protective rubber compound at the top
I got these socks are these the booties? They are what the guy at the store sold us when we got the fins.

Attachments

• 1559016516298226211295.jpg
    1559016516298226211295.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 183
the guy at the store is an arse

Sorry, you need actual booties and any dive store should know what those are. Also, take your fins with you when trying booties because they need to fit not only your foot but also your fin. Wear those socks inside your booties. I could be wrong but from the photo they look like lycra which are very nice inside a bootie.

Often times in a pool or very warm water with no rough terrain you can get away with a neoprene sock like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017OFQKR0/ref=twister_B07CH2Y4X7

But more often you need a full boot with a rubber sole and a rubber heal that the strap goes on like this:

DGX Watersports Neoprene Boots
Thank you I will get these. Just in the meantime while I get the money is there anything I could do so I stop cutting my feet. I was told cotton socks are ok for a temporary fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom