New from CO going to South Pacific on Paul Gauguin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mblake

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello from Centenial, CO
Took up scuba and I'm training for:
Papeete, Tahiti to Papeete, Tahiti on Paul Gauguin
Plan a Voyage - Cruise Detail
Papeete, Tahiti to Papeete, Tahiti
14 Nights
Departs September 06, 2008

Open water training from A1 in Denver CO with dives in the Utah Homestead crater.
AOW from Jacks Diving locker on the Big Island HI- Practice and AOW dived the following:
Place of Refuge-Hanaunau Bay(shore dives),
Jacks boat:Kawi Pt, Manta Ray Bay, Garden Eel Cove, High Rock, Suck em Up

We took dives and classes to qualify for advance open water certification (15 dives total). During the night dive we saw about 11. Including Big Bertha at 16 feet and over 3000 pounds.
We also saw turtles, eels, dolphins and even a shark- when we were on the boat.
Short cut to album..
Snapfish: Share Interstitial:Registration

Some additional links:
Place of Refuge Pu`uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Manta Dive: Welcome to Hawaii's Jack's Diving Locker, Kona's Friendliest SCUBA Charters, Classes and Dive Retail Customer Service.

You're going to be on the cruise before us! We're doing the one at the end of September, and I'm really looking forward to it, because it's gotten great reviews. If you search on Paul Gauguin, you'll come up with a thread about the trip, and links to some trip reports from divers. It sounds really great.

We will be on the Paul Gauguin the week before you, sailing from Papeete on August 27, 2008. Coincidentally, my wife and I just did our AOW on Kona with Jack's Diving Locker during the week of May 20th. 25 mantas on the night dive.

Wow 25 mantas. I think that is one dive I'll do again some time. I'm thinking of Rotain next year... Just incase we keep on this parallell path...

I completed the French Polynesia 9/08 trip with 21 dives
Pictures at :Snapfish: Share Interstitial:Registration
Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Riaitea, Aitutaki, Huahine, Rangiroa - Tiputa Pass Drift,
Also dove, snorkled and dined with Jean-Michel/Nancy Cousteau
Saw many sharks, rasses, rays, turtles, dolphines.. only heard whales -missed seeing them..

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom