New from Ibiza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, my name is Simon, I am a commercial and recreational diver, interested in underwater photography. I live in Ibiza, Spain. I have been in the water since I can remember and if I can help you in anything don't hesitate to ask me.

Welcome to ScubaBoard @atus . Glad you decided to join.
Please tell us about the diving in Ibiza.

Thank you Compressor. Ibiza is a good destination for diving, we have the largest wreck in the Mediterranean sea, the Don Pedro, 146 meters long between 25 and 45 meters depth. We also have the Plattform, an old fishfarm which sunk due to lack of maintenance, a very special dive, like diving in an spaceship. They both are in the east-south part of the island, face to Formentera, plenty of life and with the biggest meadow of posidonia on earth. The west-north part of the island has less life but the scape is wonderfull, lots of caves, seafans. And colorfull everywhere

Welcome. You'll see people often post trip reports for dive destinations they've been to. Any you can post for destinations in your region may be helpful to some people.

It's not just the literal diving. Scuba Board has an international membership, but tends to be heavy on Americans (I'd lump Canadians in with us). So many people here who take an interest in your region would be flying in by plane. A lot of Americans only speak English. If you mention good places to stay and what languages are widely spoken, that can help, too.

Hi
Baleares... I wish one day to dive the caves in Mallorca. I dived some caves in Italia, Sardaigna and they share the same beauty and caracteristics as the ones in Mexico: flooded original dry caves with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites...
Have you dived them?
Thanks

Welcome. You'll see people often post trip reports for dive destinations they've been to. Any you can post for destinations in your region may be helpful to some people.

It's not just the literal diving. Scuba Board has an international membership, but tends to be heavy on Americans (I'd lump Canadians in with us). So many people here who take an interest in your region would be flying in by plane. A lot of Americans only speak English. If you mention good places to stay and what languages are widely spoken, that can help, too.
Ok, I have been taking a look at the western europe regional forum. No entries since several months ago. Anyway I'll regualrly take a look to that subforum, I like to help, so if anybody have a question in which I can help, I'll be happy to do so.
When I have more time I'll make an entry deeply explaining diving in Ibiza.

Hi
Baleares... I wish one day to dive the caves in Mallorca. I dived some caves in Italia, Sardaigna and they share the same beauty and caracteristics as the ones in Mexico: flooded original dry caves with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites...
Have you dived them?
Thanks
Hi jale, I don't like cave diving, so I have not dive in there. Anyway in Ibiza we don't have large caves to explore, what we have here is caverns, we have lots of them, but in most of them you always can see the exit. It's true that in Mallorca (the biggest island of the Balearics) there is a large system which is still being explred. If you are interested in going I can get you in contact with the ones that regularly dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom