New from South FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heftysmurf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy all,

After living in South Florida for 22 years, I decided back in November it was time to pull the trigger. Got certified through a veterans program through SDI and well...I'm hooked!

Dove a couple of of boat dives but mostly I head to either Perry Street or the Yellow Brick Road with a buddy who is on a DM development program just to practice my skills with a goal of Advanced by Spring. Other times, I go with my LDS to practice when they have training dives and I like to lend a hand when I can (unload gear, wash, whatever).

After my first post cert dive, I decided it was time to pull the trigger on my own gear since I know its history and know how to use it.

Current gear list:
Dive Rite Transpac/Rec wing
Dive Rite XT1/XT4 reg set
Atomic Venom mask
Atomic X1 Bladefins
SMB
Weights
Steel HP80
Good ol Amazon flashlight (amazingly bright)

Between that and Christmas, I'm only using my Apple Watch Ultra for a computer as the subscription was on sale for Black Friday -- so far, it suits my basic needs but will grab a Shearwater when I recover!

Other than that, I've got a kiddo graduating high school in a few months, train jiujitsu, and like to fish! :)

Looking forward to meeting some locals to dive, have a beer, or just learn.

Welcome to the board,
Sounds like your ready for a BHB Road Trip !!

Welcome heftysmurf! Enjoy the ride... diving has been consistently the most amazing experience of my life. Hope it's that way for you! :)

Welcome to the board,
Sounds like your ready for a BHB Road Trip !!
I am definitely ready to get up there! Been mildly hectic the last week or so but it is definitely on my to-do list!

Welcome to the board, and welcome to the sport. New here myself. I grew up diving the gold coast and could never get enough. Enjoy every minute. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom