Closed New G250V It's over...

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do the price increases apply primarily to parts specific to the G250V, or is it more of a general increase including the nuts and bolts?

At this stage all I know for sure is it relates to the G250V parts but given some of those items are current model production parts I'm guessing it's across the board.

Do the price increases apply primarily to parts specific to the G250V, or is it more of a general increase including the nuts and bolts?

I just got price list for G250V parts, everything has more than doubled in price at least, some parts tripled. Someone is smoking crack or has a gambling problem over in SP HQ. Super depressed. So if I made ones now the price would be upwards of $400. I think someone noticed.

Your timing was more than a little lucky, balance chambers 231% increase. It's enough to make me wanna sell all my SP stuff.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from SP. I've no idea what's promoted this sudden and extreme price hike.

Well, that totally stinks what SP is doing. I am looking forward to getting my 2 G250V's in January. In thinking about this I would also like 2 more...although it seems that is all but impossible now. I have 2 boys (8 & 9) and they are interested in learning diving. When I went diving this past November the DM let me take my 2 boys into the pool with an X Small BCD and they blew bubbles for about 10 minutes each (6 feet of water). They did a great job and are dying to go diving with dad!

I like the idea of the 3 of us all having the same setup (4 total identical regs). The older one will be 10 this fall, so I'll probably get him started with an intro course this summer. The younger one is just 14 months behind him!

Based on the info you stated above, the odds are pretty remote with regards to coming up with 2 more G250V's, but stranger things have happened!

They do appear on the used market occasionally... FWIW - I have my wife and daughter on g250 (pre-V) versions with MK-20 firsts sourced very inexpensively on the used market...

Excellent point about used! I am all about used (I rarely buy anything brand new).

I need to find someone who is looking to get a D420 and dump their G250. Now if I could only find someone who was interested in the D420... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom