Closed New G250V It's over...

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misc findings:

A G250V face plate fits perfectly on a G250 Graphite case. This is a good discovery as it means you can utilize the seat saving purge on your old G250 graphite. Now I know the diaphragm friction ring comes in numerous thicknesses and this may affect alignment on some models.

If anyone wants to do this message me and I can get the parts, I'll price it out and post back.

I've ordered the exhaust valves to try out and a G250 HP face plate. I did order a G250HP cover to try but the threads were damaged, manufacturing defect, and it wouldn't screw on the G250 or G250V I had on hand.

Oh and a G250V purge button fits a G250HP face plate. A G260 purge button fits nothing except itself.

A G250HP long handle snap inflow vane fits a G250, it's a bit hard to get it but it does work. Cheers.

Seeing as I'm a bit bored with no G250Vs to make I'm going to spend the winter figuring out all possible parts compatibility across all G250 variants.

2A59E94C-CF0A-4638-A83C-EC39325BBAEB.jpeg

Seeing as I'm a bit bored with no G250Vs to make I'm going to spend the winter figuring out all possible parts compatibility across all G250 variants.
Sounds like the start of a great new thread in the Regulator or DIY forum :)

This week I received my second G250V from buddha. Once again, it's beautiful. I almost don't want to dive it...but I'm going to.

The reg was very safely packaged and it arrived in just over a week with a weekend in the middle. Buddha monitored it all the way to me and gave me regular updates.

I'm not sure if he plans to make any more, but if he does, people should jump on these regulators asap. They are already amazing regs, but these are built by one individual by hand. You can't get any better than that.

Thanks again buddhasummer.

I also got my two g250Vs today. They arrived beautifully packed and are already installed on my cold water rig along with mk17 first stages! Many thanks Buddhasummer.

Shooting for a few more before the net finally closes in, and it is. Expected shipping date toward end of January. At the risk of being compared to boys who cry wolf, this is the last run, as it's becoming too problematic. If you want one or more let me know, first in first served. It's less than 10 more than 5.

Merry Christmas.

1st Post since joining in 2006. I just received my G250V and wanted to commend Simon on building and tuning this sweet regulator for me. I have been using the same regulator set since being certified in 1987. Not long after getting on the list in August I found a near mint condition 250 Graphite MK10 exactly like my original. I almost cancelled my order with Simon but glad I didn't. I just rebuilt the MK10 and paired it with the G250V and it is so smooth and easy breathing!
20191217_182618.jpg

I probably just put the old g250 on a shelf along with the other sp regs I've collected since getting hooked on this forum.:wink:

20191217_170359.jpg

My brand new G250Vs just came in the mail. I’m simply stunned by the quality! I actually was so excited I swapped out my regs and took my deco bottle and a weight belt into my apartment pool just to try them out. I think I scared some kids in the deep end haha.Flawless! Simon was also extremely communicative during the entire process. If you are on the edge and either have some left over Christmas cash or looking for a last minute gift, hop on these before they are gone! Maybe I’ll have buy a 3rd to finally(?) secure the last Simon built G250V!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom