New Genesis 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone recommend a stand for this scooter?

Or use a plastic milk crate. I cut round(ish) divots on each side and lined with pool noodle and zipties. I use a bungee cord to "lock" it into place.

I also ziptied a tank boot on the bottom, so I can stand the scooter nose down.

Can anyone recommend a stand for this scooter?

I don't bother using a stand. Unlike other DPVs with thin flimsy plastic prop shrouds that deflect or warp over time when the DPV is laying on it's side unsupported, the nozzle on the Genesis is rigid and does not deflect. I just put in on the back seat in my truck or in the truck bed, resting on the nose and nozzle. Never had a problem. We don't sell stands, because they don't need stands.

I don't bother using a stand. Unlike other DPVs with thin flimsy plastic prop shrouds that deflect or warp over time when the DPV is laying on it's side unsupported, the nozzle on the Genesis is rigid and does not deflect. I just put in on the back seat in my truck or in the truck bed, resting on the nose and nozzle. Never had a problem. We don't sell stands, because they don't need stands.

I am thinking how to store it on a dive boat without the scooter rolling.

...and regarding compass deflection by the batteries, we now have shields available.

After testing some materials, we have a 6mil sheet of Mu Metal laminated between 10mil plastic for insulation make a nice thin, but rigid shield that tapes in place with no worries about the metal contacting any part of the battery.

Some of the material we first tried claimed to be 6mil, but was actually 2mil with 1mil adhesive and 3mil of peel off liner.

I am thinking how to store it on a dive boat without the scooter rolling.

Depends on the boat and space available, but I've never needed a stand on a boat. Nose down in a tank rack, stuffed under a seat with fins to keep it from rolling, clipped off to a railing in a corner or on the swim step.

I used to run a dive boat and there's never enough room. #1 rule regarding gear on a boat is don't bring anything unnecessary that someone is just going to trip over. Empty dive gear roller bags are the worst, DPV stands are second.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom