New Genesis 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They will be an option, not included with a DPV, as not everyone uses a compass.

Would it be possible for you to list all the current addons that you offer with the scooter? My research makes me think that the website doesn't list all of them. For example, I read about someone ordering a compass from you that contained a specific tie down belt for the scooter. Since I did not see it on the website, it makes me think I might miss out on certain items when placing an order.

Mumetal installed. I glued 2 sheets together and then glued them to a piece of a thin plastic cutting mat. Attached it to the warp core with tie wraps, plastic facing the batteries. It appears to work just fine. I'm not getting the compass deviation like before, just a bit of movement. Will test in water soon.

My water test did not go well, deflection going South was minimal, North 10 - 15 degrees, East & West 30 degrees. Mounted next to Sentry.

Looks like I'm going back to my elevated compass. It has 0 degrees deflection all directions, all speeds.

My water test did not go well, deflection going South was minimal, North 10 - 15 degrees, East & West 30 degrees. Mounted next to Sentry.

If you had your compass right next to the Sentry, the battery in the Sentry is most likely the problem. Move your compass forward. I usually run it close to the nose.

A few design choice questions to Jon:

May I ask what is up with the clear tube that houses the trigger wire?

The general appearance of DPV is well designed but that clear tube kind of gives it a "garage assembled" look (in my own opinion). Even UV26, from what i remember, did not have such an ugly feature. I wonder why not a black opaque tube was used instead (at least), or some other scheme of hiding the wire. I would guess that anyone not knowing anything about the DPVs would think that the wire must be explicitly watched through the transparent tube due to the design.

Secondly, the nose strap handle is kind of odd to me. It is not a bad solution utilization wise, just not loving it from a design perspective. Personally to me it screams of a design hack than an elegant solution.

The tube is clear so that if moisture/humidity gets in the motor section, you can see it condense on the inside of the clear tube and get it fixed, hopefully before it causes any damage.

The nose carry strap if simply functional. With the charge connector and vent port on the nose, there's no good spot to incorporate a handle. If you don't like the way it looks, you can always take it off.

Some people are more concerned about sexy esthetics vs solid engineering and performance. Our demographic is people smart enough to put engineering and performance before appearance, as they know that the worst appearance is getting towed back from a dive.

I am not disrespecting the engineering and performance but my job is "sexy esthetics". It is just something I see first as a trained eye.

PS: If the tube floods, will the moisture go to the motor?

A little water in the tube section is not a problem, a lot would short circuit the battery and work its way into the motor section. The Genesis has never had a problem with leaking; that's the point of external recharge. You do a good job cleaning the seals and assembling in a clean, controlled environment, and you don't have to worry about getting debris in the seals every time you open it to recharge in the field between dives. One of the major differences is that other brands seem to focus more attention on making their internals flood tolerant instead of making the hulls more flood resistant in the first place.

So, if I understand correctly, if the tube is snagged underwater, the motor will flood and the battery will be damaged?

Lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom