New Gizmo, Valve Knob Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobin, Sounds like you need an outside sales rep.:wink:

Dave

I was one of the lucky recipients of the valve tool. I have used it and was very happy with it. It is so small that it can go in any diver's tool/spare supply kit.

I have found that turning the valve stem nut every 6 months or so, prevents corrosion problems with the stem. It makes changes the o-ring, handle or valve seat much easier if the nut isn't frozen to the stem.

THANKS!

I was one of the lucky recipients of the valve tool. I have used it and was very happy with it. It is so small that it can go in any diver's tool/spare supply kit.

I have found that turning the valve stem nut every 6 months or so, prevents corrosion problems with the stem. It makes changes the o-ring, handle or valve seat much easier if the nut isn't frozen to the stem.

THANKS!

You are most welcome. I glad to hear the valve tool is meeting your needs. Good tip on keeping the nuts from getting frozen in place.

Tobin

Ok, this may be a silly question, but just how tight are you suppose to make spring loaded knob nuts?

It's been a while since this was posted, but for reference: Aqualung (Thermo valves) calls for the nut to be tightened down until the top of the stem is flush with the top of the nut. i.e., If you can see the threaded part of the stem above the nut, you've gone too far.

Nice tool. I think I need to order a bunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom