new guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nothanx2

Registered
Reaction score
hey everyone, new guy here, in dire need of some dive buddies. im in san diego, with very little experience but i REALLY wanna get out there, anyone in SD goin on any amateur worthy dives and looking for a new guy to kick around with out there? let me know. you guys all have a good new years?

eric

You are in the right place. Just hang out in this area of the board. There are plenty of oportunities to dive. When the wrinkles dives happen, we usually end up with a fair amount of folks with different skill levels and we have a pretty good time with the whole thing.
Keep on posting.

There is a group of guys in San Diego that are diving all the time. I'm sure they'll show up hear soon enough. They're probably out diving and haven't seen you post yet. :wink:

We are in the process of planning our monthly Wrinkles Dive and haven't figured out where it is going to be in January yet. If you can make it, we'd love to meet you and dive with you.

That whole "newbie with no experience" thing is a temporary condition. The cure is to just dive more. We're here to help!

Christian

thanks guys, people seem pretty cool about diving and such, its the getting around to it thats been tough haha, especially with the weather weve had lately, oh well. anyways, thanks for bein cool, and im looking forward to meeting all you guys.

Hey! Come to the Wrinkle's Dive on January 29th. I don't know if we have a location as of yet, so stay tuned.... You'll have a blast diving, chatting, and eating (scubapro5 is a BBQ whiz besides all the yummies everyone else brings!).

Some of those San Diego guys are wild....have fun!!!

Hey Eric!

Christian is right - there are a bunch of us that dive in San Diego regularly although this rain has prevented most of us from doing any shore dives. Looks like the rain is going to go on through next week, but as soon as it lets up we'll be in the water! You're more than welcome to join us for some of the dives although we usually go into the canyon.

The Wrinkle's Dive would be a great place to meet everyone as it has already been suggested. Hope to see you there if not earlier!

Paul

Hey Eric - welcome to the So Cal divers section. I'm up in Orange County but always up for divin' if you ever venture up this way.

Looking forward to the Wrinkles dive and meeting some of these cool folks. They have all been extremely helpful, supportive and down right cool.

Cheers, -- Lexy

PnL:
Hey Eric!

Christian is right - there are a bunch of us that dive in San Diego regularly although this rain has prevented most of us from doing any shore dives. Looks like the rain is going to go on through next week, but as soon as it lets up we'll be in the water! You're more than welcome to join us for some of the dives although we usually go into the canyon.

The Wrinkle's Dive would be a great place to meet everyone as it has already been suggested. Hope to see you there if not earlier!

Paul

hey man, thanks for the post, do you guys do tech diving into the canyon? either way, if theres ever a a dive you guys wouldnt mind having a beginner around on id love to join up. just shoot me an e-mail or im me or something, hopefully we'll meet up sometime. laters

eric

nothanx2:
hey man, thanks for the post, do you guys do tech diving into the canyon? either way, if theres ever a a dive you guys wouldnt mind having a beginner around on id love to join up. just shoot me an e-mail or im me or something, hopefully we'll meet up sometime. laters

eric

Eric - we're just recreational divers and we rarely exceed 100 fsw while diving in the canyon depending on where we go. Most of the walls and interesting structures are about 60-80 fsw but there are some interesting sites deeper. There is, however, usually a surface swim involved, but that's about the hardest part :wink:

I'll PM you when we get a dive planned ... today has been BEAUTIFUL! If this keeps up (and weather reports suggest it won't :() then we'll probably dive Friday.

Back
Top Bottom