New Halcyon Infinity Owner With Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems that's exactly where the problem lay. With Christmas festivities and family invasions over with, I had the time to finally put the wing into a sink and locate the source of the leak. A few escaping bubbles showed the leak to be coming from that very connection. It felt snug, but was not fully "engaged", so I unscrewed it to see how it was assembled, checked the flat rubber washer for condition, got a feel for the nifty anti-rotation design of the flange on the end of the hose, then re-seated and re-snugged everything as tight as I dared, given the plastic construction of that particular connection. She passed the dunk test and two hours later is still holding air very well. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Jeff

I had that same issue with a Hollis wing I own. Re-seating the flange and rubber washer made all the difference for me as well. My Deep Outdoors wing has a stainless steel ring at the top of the back plate area that I run a BC hanger through. It holds up my wing nicely, does yours have a SS ring by any chance?

Thanks Ken. Appreciate the help.

---------- Post added December 24th, 2013 at 12:33 PM ----------

Ouch. Thanks Ron, looks like a MacGyver fix is called for. For us Canadians, a second OEM STA with straps, outrageous taxes and shipping would run about $300, though third party systems would probably work for less. I think I'll just look at modding the weight to make it a bit narrower so it can slide past the interfering straps. I wouldn't need to remove too much material from the sides, and then I'd just have to try and color match the coating. Any particular reason why, aside from looks, the weight is epoxy-coated? is lead that corrosion-prone? My various 5 pounders are bare lead.

And I'll check DSS for the valve. Thanks for the heads-up

Jeff

Buy a HOLLIS STA, identical to the Halcyon at a lower price. I've used both and they are interchangeable.

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2014 at 07:49 AM ----------

Second, third whatever the DSS OPV, I changed all my Oxycheq ones to DSS. Much higher quality.

A happy ending to the original poster's question. Love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom