New Henderson 7/5 vest fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4kafka

Contributor
Reaction score
Just purchased a new Henderson AquaLock 7/5 vest w. hood for extra warmth on deep Caribbean wall dives, and boy it is hard to squeeze into. Of course,it's brand new and never been wet,...so I'm hoping it will stretch out after a few dives. It's a size small. I think a medium would be too roomy. Any advice on this particular garment would be welcome. Thanks for reading.

It'll be a little more comfy once wet, but don't expect the high-end neoprene to "stretch out" much. Next size up would be about 1.5 inches wider, and 1" longer. Do you think that would make it too big, or just right?

Hard to tell dry. Guess I'll have to dive with it,but then I will be unable to return it.Probably should have tried one on at a LDS,before ordering on-line.

Does it keep you from breathing properly?

If not, just tough it out.

As I mentioned, I just received the vest, and tried it on dry,and it was a real struggle.The hood squeezes my cheeks together to the extent I hit my teeth. Too damn tight ?...I think so. I have since decided the AquaLock is not for me. I will try to exchange it for a Thermoprene model, which is said to be more "stretchy"...

Back
Top Bottom