New HOG 23lb Single Tank Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOG 23 rear view1.jpgHOG23 rearview2.jpg

The distance between the slots center to center is 3.35 inches using my dial calipers. Slot width is .35 inches, length is 2.25 inches. Vertical distance between slots is 4.55 bottom of top slot to top of bottom slot. And they all (HOG wings) fit real well on a DSS plate. I still have one on my 32lb wing
in addition to my HOG plates The bands I have on there are something I picked up at DEMA to try.

Jim, I've only been diving for a short time, and have already purchased my gear, but from seeing the way you represent both yourself and Hog on this board, I will be giving you a call when I decide to join the dark side and buy a more tech friendly setup.

The distance between the slots center to center is 3.35 inches using my dial calipers. Slot width is .35 inches, length is 2.25 inches. Vertical distance between slots is 4.55 bottom of top slot to top of bottom slot. And they all (HOG wings) fit real well on a DSS plate. I still have one on my 32lb wing
in addition to my HOG plates The bands I have on there are something I picked up at DEMA to try.

Are those snowboard bindings on the cam straps? And do they work good?

Yes they are and in all honesty the jury is still out. In the pool they worked fine. I have not had them in open water yet as what I have been diving in till now required a heavier suit and more lead (or double steels) than I am comfortable in with a 23 lb wing. But if it stays like it is now (96 degrees here) that may change rapidly! Will post after I have had a chance to really push them in open water.

i wonder why the manufacturer never responded..

because it is summer, I forgot and am busy as heck.

I apologize.

Best,

Chris

RV:
i wonder why the manufacturer never responded..

I want to make a travel BP/W out of a commercial diving harness and a small wing for use in the tropics. I can modify the slots on the harness to accept 2" cam bands in the range that will fit your wing. The cam bands would have to hold the wing in place as there is no ridge in the center of the harness as there is on a back plate. Would holding the wing in place like this cause too much stress on the cam band slots? Do you have any plans to make a smaller size wing in the future?

IMG_2364.jpg

Rich, I can tell you that as long as the slots match up there will be little stress on the slots in the wing. What I would question is how is the tank going to affect the curve of the soft plate as regards fit on your back? The wing will simply conform to the shape of your tank so no stress there. And wings are now held in place by the cam straps and being compressed between the tank and backpack or plate on most BPW's some use a "locator" to make sure the wing is at the same height, I use a plastic sex bolt on mine, but they are not necessary. Simply convenient.

The plate was made to hold a tank as a bailout bottle so it is not going to effect the curve of the plate at all. The other option I have been looking at since my last post was just to run the cam bands under the vertical strap on the back of the bell harness so I do not have to cut into the plate itself.

IMG_2365.jpg

Back
Top Bottom