new hog regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually Im all about instant gratification but I reckon I can wait:wink:. Pleased business is doing so well. I remember a thread a while ago where there was a discussion around the 2nd stage getting water in through the exhaust valve when head turned in some directions, I remember you posting that that you were going to address the issue and a slightly altered second stage to address this issue was to be released, did this happen? Cheers

Yes it did.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

It happened, anybody who is having that issue can get a new second stage body.In fact very few people even notice it.

best,

Chris

Usually Im all about instant gratification but I reckon I can wait:wink:. Pleased business is doing so well. I remember a thread a while ago where there was a discussion around the 2nd stage getting water in through the exhaust valve when head turned in some directions, I remember you posting that that you were going to address the issue and a slightly altered second stage to address this issue was to be released, did this happen? Cheers

Cerich, can you elaborate what the issue (if you could call it that) was, and how you fixed it?

Having 15 or 20 different regs in my inventory (unfortunately, none of them EDGE/HOG regs - that will change with the next reg purchase), I can tell you that all regs have their eccentricities. I can also tell you that they are much more similar to each other than dissimilar, despite differing brand names and year of design.

My point is - nobody expects an absolutely perfect product when it comes to regulators, and for there to be a small issue - like slightly wet breathing - that only some people notice - is not a big deal... Or a surprise.

...But your attention to it and quickness at offering a "fix" is outstanding. Unheard of in this industry.

You and I spoke years ago about sealed first stages. We prefer them due to the fact that we are constantly diving in heavily silted areas and contaminated water. It's not unusual for us to be diving in an area covered by a fuel spill, even. We have found that all first stages work in these environments, but sealed first stages don't need to be maintained as often as unsealed ones do.

In light of that, do you have a sealed first stage offering like an Apeks DS4?

Your second stages are absolutely brilliant, trumped only by your customer service, attention to detail, warranty methods, and company communication. To be perfectly honest with you, we're also a fan of you because you're in Georgia. We feel like you're "one of us" - a member of our Rebel Dive Team. :) Maybe you'd be interested in participating in one of our Lowcountry boils with Frogmore stew and fresh oysters and "shrump" the next time we're filming our new reality TV show. :)

Awesome! Glad to know that sealed first stages became a part of the lineup. :) Care to post a link? I might have to visit Cedric and see one on the bench...

Go to my website and click on the shop link. The D-1 Cold with swiveling turret, the D-2 cold in the HOG line and the Edge Epic Cold 1st stage are all sealed balanced diaphragm 1st stages. Note that the Epic shown on my site is being replaced with a new version. My web guy just has not gotten the site updated yet. New models are supposed to be in very soon. Or go to www.edge-gear.com
This the Edge/HOG homepage.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Heck I'm pretty stoked that the HOG 2nd will be coming out, or is out in ambi!! That will be a huge seller and will probably replace the old style D1.

Actually it will not. The ambi is geared towards sidemount divers. I hope that the Std second sticks around for a long time.
I guess I should have said, "from my perspective". I plan on moving to side mount diving. And being able to convert the 2nd from the octo configuration to the left hand configuration greatly appeals to me, as well as the side mount diver I dove with this last w/e. I'm sure they will differentiate between the two regs by price. Sidemount people will be happy to pay a little extra for the convenience, thus the market will keep both alive. I'll buy it for the eventuality of going sidemount.

Back
Top Bottom