new hog regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that EPIC "cold" first stage is exactly what I'm looking for... Diaphragm first with an environmentally sealed kit... Very nice!

Any problems with this fancy chroming process?

I prefer the non-turret designs, which nixxes the HOG firsts.

Normal IPs? 130 or 135 psi? Anything weird about the sizing of the ports (like with Apeks)?

The chrome on the firsts looks darker than normal with the HOG regs... Is that a byproduct of the fancy new chroming process, or done on purpose, or is it just an accident in the photography?

Thought the website said that both HOG 1sts had a turret... Is there a color difference between the EDGE and HOG 1sts?

THe D2 is swivel-less

"
All the high performance of the HOG D1 in a smaller package!

For this special Edition we removed the swivel and instead went with a compact main body."

You often find better info on the dealers websites than the official edge website.

Oooooo that sounds sexy. :) Compact, high performance and minimalist environmentally sealed diaphragm first stage? Veeeery sexy... :)

What about the finish? Looks darker than regular chrome...

The D-2 is a darker black finish. A very nice looking reg. I myself prefer the chrome and like the option of the 5th lp port on the bottom. Great for long hose routing. The D-2 does not have the 5th lp port option.

To address your earlier question the site lists both versions having a turret meaning that both versions of the D-1 have it. The D-1 also comes in a non sealed version.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I'm a lot of things...but not a webmaster...however on this I had it right.

The D2 doesn't say swivel on my web site.

Special Edition D2 Cold First Stages
THe D2 is swivel-less

"
All the high performance of the HOG D1 in a smaller package!

For this special Edition we removed the swivel and instead went with a compact main body."

You often find better info on the dealers websites than the official edge website.

Oh, my bad, Cerich! I am mistaken.

I have to admit... This D2 sounds very sexy! It will definitely be my company's next reg purchase. Check my "other posts" and read the thread I'm involved in regarding the new reality TV show. We might be able to get you some airtime, too... I am confident that the new show will have a positive effect on my company's bottom line, and it would probably do the same for yours if we were sportin' new HOG regs... :)

At some point or another, I would love to stop in and see you the next time I head to Atlanta... Which is ocassionally, since I do a lot of submerged repairs at the Georgia Aquarium.

swing by!

Oh, my bad, Cerich! I am mistaken.

I have to admit... This D2 sounds very sexy! It will definitely be my company's next reg purchase. Check my "other posts" and read the thread I'm involved in regarding the new reality TV show. We might be able to get you some airtime, too... I am confident that the new show will have a positive effect on my company's bottom line, and it would probably do the same for yours if we were sportin' new HOG regs... :)

At some point or another, I would love to stop in and see you the next time I head to Atlanta... Which is ocassionally, since I do a lot of submerged repairs at the Georgia Aquarium.

Deal! :)

Back
Top Bottom