new iMovie 10.0 - not great for color correction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acsomos

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sub Aqua Dive Center, Thulhagiri Island Resort, Ma
# of dives
I have been using iMovie 11 for UW video editing, and found the red-green-blue olor correction sliders to be really useful for adjusting colors. Now I want to start using the new iMovie 10.0, and find that the color correction sliders are gone, and now there is only white balance, contrast and saturation; and these tools don't give the same results as far as getting nice natural colors.

Am I missing something? Has anyone found the same problem (and hopefully a solution?)

Thanks!

I guess you refer to iMovie 9.0.x
You are not missing anything the feature has gone. I find the white balance tools much improved but if you are looking for the RGB gain sliders to make more extensive corrections they are not there anymore
Another serious problem is that you can't use plug in for encoding in quicktime. I use X264 and end up with videos that are much better and much smaller than iMovie standard encoding you can't use those anymore either
In short iMovie 10 for me is only good for short land clips and is useless for underwater use.
I keep iMovie 9.0.4 in the previous version folder
I also do not like the new theatre and structure of projects and event as I can't relocate it on my external drive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom