New info on Heads up Display from Oceanic!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool technology, but I think if we wait a year or so you will see a much lower profile mask.

Looks like a really bad idea to me.

I think it is probably not so useful for most recreational diving.
It would probably be a poor choice for most tech diving because of the problems with redundancy and what do you do in a lost (or broken) mask situation.

That said I can think of lots of situations where I would love one of these. Especially if I can have it with a general purpose display that I could use to view sonar or TV video in the mask.

I will rate this one a 'wait and see'.

I'd monitor this too :) Most, if not all, of our gadgets now started off as a revolutionary idea. 100 of every 1 we now use probably ended up nowhere but who knows? :wink:

pipedope once bubbled...
I think it is probably not so useful for most recreational diving.
It would probably be a poor choice for most tech diving because of the problems with redundancy and what do you do in a lost (or broken) mask situation.

That said I can think of lots of situations where I would love one of these. Especially if I can have it with a general purpose display that I could use to view sonar or TV video in the mask.

I will rate this one a 'wait and see'.

Would certainly be cool, but high bandwidth signalling through water isn't a problem that's been solved at this point, so I'm not sure how you'd get 'Farscape' through to your mask... :)

(Granted, Farscape has been cancelled, but it was still a really cool show).

I am thinking of a high definition sonar so I can 'see' what is in the pipe before I put my hands in it.:eek:ut:

Or just put on "Dive Into Danger" :D

This must be the forerunner to the next msut have gadget. A HUD display where we can watch football games or the NEMO movie! ;=}

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom