New Intova Slave Strobe ISTR. Any good ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK don't like fadfusion try this one:
$104.84
INTOVA ISTR STROBE FOR INTVIC10

I'm not doing a lot of research to find these deals folks they are listed on Google shopping.
It doesn't seem like Intova is doing anything to keep the product from the online discount dealers.

At that price I don't care, if I get a year or two out of it I would be happy. I am saving my pennies for one to supplement my D2000.

N

I just dove for the first time with my IC600 + strobe (in a pool, albeit). After taking 5 pictures, I think what I tried to do was change the mode, which has never been a problem before. All of a sudden, the screen went black (was still on though) and the camera power light was still on. No matter what buttons I pushed, nothing would reset or fix the situation. So, I got out of the pool, dried off the housing, opened it up, took the camera out, took the batteries out, put them back in, replaced camera in housing, and everything was fine.

Has anyone experience this with this camera or another camera? I can't have this happening in the middle or the beginning of a dive (or dive day)!

And no, there was no sign of water entering, and yes, the batteries were freshly charged, and yes, I had just wiped clean the 2 o-rings with a makeup triangle

No, I didn't....the housing had never been submerged before (cept in the sink). And there was no sign of water leaking in either

We also sell the Ultramax stobe, we're in Canada so its a little more. We also package it with a nice tray and arm and include the cable.

Great strobe! Also to note the ultramax has sealed battery compartment, our old intova ones did not have that.

I was just at PMA and did some research on the Intova Strobe. It is an older model than the one I sell, does not have a sealed battery compartment - if the battery cover leaks it's toast. The UltraMax is a new model with a completely sealed compartment. If it somehow floods, wipe it out, change batteries and you're back in business!

I did reduce the price to be more competitive though, The UltraMax UDXS-1 with fiber optic sync cord it is now $148.50. I sold out of the first batch, more coming next week.

Jack

Did you settle on the Intova strobe. I bought two of their cameras last dive season. I absolutely love them and am amazed at how well they work, for being so cheap.
I want to upgrade to a strobe and lighting system. Looking at all my options. I am a pretty generalized diver and would like to shoot all around shots for now. Thanks.

hi I use an Intova strobe on my Intova IC-800 and get great photos with it but sometimes it is too powerful especially on macro so you have to play with EV have mine set @ -1 seems too work great at this setting also bought a deffuser from Jack that helps as well. have a look at my photos all taken with that strobe and camera

Those are some really good pics you got there Shayne. Have you found that you had to change the white balance at all? Or have you had issues trying to shoot subjects above you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom