New Intova Slave Strobe ISTR. Any good ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kelvin haven't touched the white balance, but have played around with the EV setting have it set @ -1 seem to get good photos at this setting but have been reading about using the white balance setting on natural light setting as same temp as the strobe, we are going out this weekend for three dives in a marine reserve good area for photos. may have w/b this weekend.

Thanks again. I just ordered one online with the arm and the firber optic cable. I am hoping to get the chance to try it out end of the month in Egypt if I can get the time away from work.
Have you been able to shoot pictures of things above you? My photos come out all light blue if I try to shoot subjects that are between me and surface.

have taken a couple of shots towards the surface fish still have color but there is a blue tinge to them thats why I use the flash every time. like to take photos pointing down more practice to get the perfect shots. little bit of advice the strobe can blow out some of your pictures so need to get the EV setting right I'm using -0.7 - -1 at the moment to get the right exposure levels.

Got my Ultramax strobe today. Haven't had it in the water yet but the thing looks and feels like a well-built strobe. Easy to use controls and the price can't be beat ( $184 w/ f.o. cord, diffuser was $12 extra. Weird.) The 60 degree coverage (70 with diffuser) is a bit narrow, but what do you want for the price. I'll be using it with a DS-50 so I should be O.K. at 24 mm. I think it'll be good for macro, too. I'll put it through its paces in a few weeks down in Socorro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom