New iPad App for divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So do I understand this right, it does not work on the iPhone? I downloaded it from iTunes to my PC, but I can't load it to my iPhone.

:clapping:

FULL features

- BASIC user can upgrade to FULL via in-app purchase
- FULL user can analyze deeper and longer dives
- FULL user can plan, analyze and log series of up to 3 dives
- FULL user can create a plan from a previously existing dive profile.
- FULL user can analyze dive profiles with a maximum depth of 50m/165ft and a bottom time of 90minutes.

I've been playing with the Basic iPad app for a few months now, and these new features in 1.3 sound good ... so ... am I missing something? I've updated to version released Dec. 15, yet no option to upgrade yet?

And computer selection ... how does an iPad user go about that?

Great work so far! Custom SAC and tank volume selection :D
And eanx to come at a later date? Sign me up!

......I've updated to version released Dec. 15, yet no option to upgrade yet?....
Q: How do I upgrade from Basic to Full?
A: From the Analyze screen, tap on the "Advanced" icon and the pop up screen shown below will open
divePAL_iPad_upgrade2full.jpg

...... And computer selection ... how does an iPad user go about that? .....
Q: How do I purchase a dive computer simulator with divePAL iPad?
A: From the Analyze screen, tap on the "Computers" icon to go to the computers settings menu. Then tap on the icon "Available Computers" to show a list of supported computers.
Tap on the computer you would like to purchase and then tap on the "Buy" botton to go to the InApp purchase screen.
divePAL_iPad_purchaseComputer.jpg

......And eanx to come at a later date? Sign me up!
We expect to release divePAL Nitrox for iPad in a couple of weeks :wink:
divePAL_iPad_nitrox.jpg

OK, got it all sorted now.

I failed to mention before that I hadn't registered an account ... did this prohibit me from seeing and accessing the new features?

But, all sorted. Now will eanx be an add-on or new app altogether? ie. another fee?

Just out of curiosity, will there be a version available for iPhone, iPod Touch etc for those of us without iPads?

......I failed to mention before that I hadn't registered an account ... did this prohibit me from seeing and accessing the new features?.....
Yes. If you do not have an account, or if you do not log-in, you can only use divePAL in basic mode AND you can not access the online logs and dive computers.

..........Now will eanx be an add-on or new app altogether? ie. another fee?
Once you purchase a dive computer simulator you have it forever. Depending on the models, the costs are in the $1.99 to $4.99 range
The Nitrox yearly license is $4.99. If a user had already purchased the full license ($2.99) then the 1 year period get extended accordingly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom