New iPad App for divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity, will there be a version available for iPhone, iPod Touch etc for those of us without iPads?
Currently we have no plans for an iPhone/iPad version of divePAL....... but, since we are getting more and more people asking for it, we might revisit the situation in a month or 2.

Hi,
I am glad to report that Apple has just approved Version 1.4 of divePAL iPad.

Major changes for this version are: support for Nitrox, possibility to LOG real dives, integration of DiveComputerTraining.com, Tutorial and more dive computers.

Video Tutorial
divePAL iPad includes video tutorial. To access it just tap on the "?" icon on the main menu.
Here is the first video.

[video=youtube;s_y-Kej5c6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_y-Kej5c6k[/video]

The full tutorial is also available on our website HERE.

FULL Mode
- Added Average Depth and
- Added 3 levels of conservatism

Nitrox Mode
- Can Plan and/or Analyze dives with gas mixes with up to 50% O2 content
- Added graphs for PPO2, Oxygen Toxicity and Equivalent Air Depth.

DiveComputerTraining.com
- Added native access to DiveComputerTraining online classes. Basically thisis the iPad version of our DCT iPhone App.

Supported Dive Computers

AERIS: Atmos AI and XR1 Nx
CRESSI: Leonardo
MARES: Mission Puck
OCEANIC: eo 100, Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, Pro Plus 2, Geo 2.0, Atom 3.0, OC1, OCS, VT 4.0 and VT3.
SCUBAPRO: Aladin 2G and Galileo Sol
SUBGEAR: XP10
SUUNTO: Cobra1, Cobra3, D4, Vyper, Vyper Air and Zoop.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Currently we have no plans for an iPhone/iPad version of divePAL....... but, since we are getting more and more people asking for it, we might revisit the situation in a month or 2.
Then as an ipod touch user, count me as another +1 for ipod/iphone support

Is there going to be iPhone version? Also how does it connect to my vyper, I do have the USB for it and been using the suunto dive manager software.

Is there going to be iPhone version? ...
Yes. ETA April/May

.... how does it connect to my vyper, I do have the USB for it and been using the suunto dive manager software.
You will need to use divePAL Windows (or divePAL Mac in the future) to import your dive logs and export them to "the cloud" so you can see them with the iPad version.

divePAL_suunto_vyper_ipad.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I am downloading it now. Taking FOREVER!!! LOL. Slow butt internet here. 56K would be considered High Speed.

So, does this software allow for multiple tank tracking and mixed gas?

....So, does this software allow for multiple tank tracking and mixed gas?
Currently the iPad version supports only one gas with Nitrox up to 50%. We expect to have the Tech version of divePAL iPad in May/June time frame

For multiple tanks and Trimix we have the Windows version of divePAL.

Currently the iPad version supports only one gas with Nitrox up to 50%. We expect to have the Tech version of divePAL iPad in May/June time frame

For multiple tanks and Trimix we have the Windows version of divePAL.

Thanks. I appreciate the quick response. Says a lot.

I will look in to the Windows version. It would be great to have a Tech version that included not only depth, but penetration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom