New iPad App for divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....It would be great to have a Tech version that included not only depth, but penetration.
Could you please elaborate on this?
How would you use this feature?

I sure will. It would be for cave diving. Just an easy way on penetration dives to see what penetration was vs swim time. My perfect app would have that, multiple tanks along with turn pressure and drop pressure for stages.

..... Just an easy way on penetration dives to see what penetration was vs swim time. ....
Since we don't have - yet - a REAL underwater GPS (to see the virtual version of an underwater GPS in action just check out our eDiving simulator; the position of the diver(s) is continuosly displayed on the underwater map. and it works in caves too :crafty:), how would you represent graphically this "penetration vs. swim time" plot?
What we are planning to do for divePAL is to add the map of the dive site and then let the user draw on it the dive path - in synch with the dive profile.

Shortly we should be able to demonstrate what I mean by using the combination eDiving/divePAL.
When a user creates a log for a dive done with eDiving we actually save already the 4D path (Time, Depth, Lat and Long) of the whole dive. Right now divePAL is only using 2 of those 4D (Depth and Time) but in a future release will be able to use the other 2 (Lat and Long) and plot the complete dive profile in 4D.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom