New James Cameron movie..."Sanctum"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tardmaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen the trailer and read the small article in dive training magazine. Will def check it out. I thought everything in "Avatar" had an underwater look, movement or connection. I not too happy about it being 3d, but I'll deal with it. Any other thoughts?

I'm looking forward to it, I'm hoping it will get more people into diving while not encouraging those who aren't adequately trained to get into cave diving. I anticipate there will probably be a non-3D version like most movies, but why are you against 3D? Some of the 3D's haven't been too impressive, but some have been pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to it, I'm hoping it will get more people into diving while not encouraging those who aren't adequately trained to get into cave diving. I anticipate there will probably be a non-3D version like most movies, but why are you against 3D? Some of the 3D's haven't been too impressive, but some have been pretty cool.

The only reason that i'm not a fan of 3d is that I always leave the theaters with a headache. That's all. Right now it is only being advertised as 3d and imax 3d.

From Cameron, it COULD be good. ....I just hate that everything HAS to be in 3D right now, in order to keep up. I think we are losing out on the real beauty of film. Everything ends up having a strage shiny texture, and the lighting isn't quite right.
Call me old fashioned but I would rather have a beautifly shot 2d film over 3d any day.
----I do think that animated movies are pretty good in 3d , but shoot the real ones in 2d please!

I told my wife that I was going to see it in 3D at the IMAX theater down here. She was welcome to tag along, but the whining about the headache was going to roll off my sleeve. I'm always sympathetic, but on this ---> don't want to hear it.
She can go see the Vatican exhibit while I'm at the IMAX. I can wait until I get over to Rome to see that.
HDR is great. Cinerama was great in its day but an unholy nightmare to film. If I want to see life in its day-to-day realities, I can always go to Miami.
Life in the movies is my kind of reality - kinda like The Purple Rose of Cairo.

Silly question...is it based on a book? I might want to buy the book. I will definately see it. I'm not sure if I'll be patient enough to wait for it to come out on DVD or if I'll go see it on the big screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom