Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefDiverRich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all.. ReefDiverRich here from northern New Jersey. I currently have my NAUI open water and Drysuit certification, currently doing the advanced and nitrox checkout dives. I have 13 dives as of today (8/12/19) but will certainly have a bunch more by the end of the year. Currently on the instructor path.. next step is my rescue and master/ai certification that I should have by next summer hopefully. I am also getting I to free diving and spearfishing.

If anyone is in the ny/nj/ct/pa area and want to dive, hit me up.. or you can find our dive team on meetup... search for scuba connection dive team. We go out quite often and offer classes through community college. Great group of divers!!

Happy diving everyone.. see you underwater

-RDR

Congratulations to you on choosing the NAUI Community College program.
It is one of the best most though programs available to the average diver.

Take your time on progressing to the NAUI instructor ranks- The world is full of Zero to Hero people who instruct diving but are only people who dive but not divers and instruct but are not instructors-- just read this board for examples..

Cheers from California - were it all began

Sam Miller, 111
NAUI instructor A 27 (only 2 NAUI A instructors are alive today)

Take your time on progressing to the NAUI instructor ranks- The world is full of Zero to Hero people who instruct diving but are only people who dive but not divers and instruct but are not instructors-- just read this board for examples..

Sam Miller, 111

Agree with @Sam Miller III !

I was a victim (er, I mean student :) ) in Sam's NAUI Advanced Class in the late 1970's. Although it was only a mere 18 weeks long course, meeting for 3 hours one night a week, and 30+ dives from San Diego to Monterey on Saturdays with overnights to Avalon and Jade Cove, Chamber rides to 165 feet and deep dives in La Jolla Canyon, we still learned stuff!

Sam Miller, 111

Thanks for the advice, Sam.. I will certainly take my time with the program.

I enjoy the NAUI structure and am looking forward to the rescue course, it should be a fun class.

I also hear San Diego is a great spot to dive.. and the kelp forest in the north. I would love to go out there sometime - maybe next summer if the $ situation allows me.

Hope you have a great day, see you underwater!

RDR

Agree with @Sam Miller III !

I was a victim (er, I mean student :) ) in Sam's NAUI Advanced Class in the late 1970's. Although it was only a mere 18 weeks long course, meeting for 3 hours one night a week, and 30+ dives from San Diego to Monterey on Saturdays with overnights to Avalon and Jade Cove, Chamber rides to 165 feet and deep dives in La Jolla Canyon, we still learned stuff!

lol.. that sounds like a fun class. What was your most memorable lesson from the dives?? (dont mean to put you on the spot like that.. but.. gotta ask) :popcorn:

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...and a big "O K" to you too.

lol.. that sounds like a fun class. What was your most memorable lesson from the dives?? (dont mean to put you on the spot like that.. but.. gotta ask) :popcorn:

"most memorable lesson" ? I'd have to check the statute of limitations on various federal, state and local laws dealing with Fish & Game before I answered that question. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom