New Kayak Diver (LBTS Area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacobh77

Reaction score
I am a longtime diver and new kayak owner. I just got a Tarpon 140 and am looking for other kayak divers in the Pompano Beach/LBTS area. Anyone interested in showing a newbie the ropes?

Welcome jacobh77! Unfortunately I'm a yak diver from the west coast but I just wanted to welcome you to yak diving! You're gonna love it! You might want to check out a group called Kayuba. They are pretty active over on your side. Just google the name or send Debbydiver a pm, she has their info. If you ever get over to the Venice area for shark's toothin' just give a shout, we have a few yak divers over here as well.:D

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely check them out.

ANother welcome to the world of Yak diving! You are going to go places and see things you have never done before. Important tip.. everything has a leash. If it is not in your hand or ON you.. it gets a leash.

Hi there, this time last year I would have buddied with you but I moved away; in fact today we did hours of kayak freediving followed by a nice kayak drift scuba dive down here in St. Croix.

I learned kayak diving by joining the Kayuba group. REAL nice and friendly. Kayuba.

I'm interested.. I'm in Hollywood and looking for someone to dive & kayak dive with... my time on the weekends is limited right now until december -- getting ready for the Ren Fair at TY Park in November.

I've got a 12' Ocean Kayak Drifter

Important tip.. everything has a leash. If it is not in your hand or ON you.. it gets a leash.
Quoted because it needs to be repeated.

Just found this thread.. yak diver here in Hollywood, but my fav. buddy left me for some sexy man in the islands..LOL
Agree that Kayuba is the place to go. One of these days I'll join..

I live in Miami and have a Kayak.. been wanting to go, what they call, Yakdiving. Let me know when you want to go and may arrange a trip.

Enso999

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom