New KY Diver from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_John1977

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys! Hi, I'm John and I moved back to Kentucky from Florida! I am looking for dive buddies along with any input on where to go here in Kentucky. I am an average diver, but I take it very serious. I was in the Marine Corps, but not a crazy Marine. Maybe a little. ha ha I just payed for all new aqualung gear and I really want to to use it as soon as possible. I hope to hear from you all.

Thanks! :blinking:

Last edited:
Welcome to the KPP!

Local diving for your area will be Falling Rock Scuba Park (aka Joe's) in LaGrange, Ky. It's a flooded quarry that has been turned into a Scuba training and recreation park. It's where you will find allot of us here from the KPP on most weekends in the season.

There is also Laurel Lake in London/Corbin, Ky. There is a man made beach next to the dam that sometimes has pretty decent visibility. My experience has been later in the season though.

Keep an eye out here and you'll see some activity going on pretty soon. You're welcome to come out and join us!

Welcome to Kentucky. I am also a transplanted Floridian (South Miami).

I was certified as a kid in 1976 but have returned to diving relatively recently. I have been to Joe's Quarry /Falling Rock Park / FPR (Goes by many names) in LaGrange - West of Lexington (East of Louisville) on a number of occasions and once to Laurel Lake.

There are some other places that require some driving but are very interesting: Pennyroyal, Mermet Springs, and Gilboa are all very interesting.

I live in Richmond, about 25 mi south of you.

I'm always looking for a dive buddy - PM me and we can trade contact information if you are interested.

Welcome to the area...the troublemakers will be along anytime to fill you in on who's who in the KPP.

I'm the friendly one!! :D

Thank you all so much for responding to me, that is awesome! I would love to learn some tricks from some of you pros here in Kentucky. I will contact you for sure RonMurray, and thank you Jenn and jpsexton.
By the way, jpsexton, does the jp stand for John Paul?
I am still trying to figure this web site out, so please bare with me. ha ha

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for responding to me, that is awesome! I would love to learn some tricks from some of you pros here in Kentucky. I will contact you for sure RonMurray, and thank you Jenn and jpsexton.
By the way, jpsexton, does the jp stand for John Paul?
I am still trying to figure this web site out, so please bare with me. ha ha

You'll learn some tricks around here for sure. Some good, some not so much. :wink:

JP stands for John Patrick. I answer to John or JP, just whichever anyone yells...

Hey Ron, I had a blast out at the pool the other night! I was so happy to be back in any water especially with all of my brand new gear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom