New lights/upgrades?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just giving this thread a bump;

Any new stuff going on? I'd love an LED upgrade for the X1-VB ...

+1

Yep a more powerful X1-VB would be awesome, don't get me wrong I love my X1 but with a bit more punch it would be near perfect. Hopefully someone will hurry up and come out with a new suitable LED. Here's hoping...

Any one tried or heard anything about Hollis' new 15w led w/the smaller canister size....Battery life, beam etc.????

Doesn't seem like such a good idea to use Delrin for a light head. Can't get rid of the heat from the LED = decreased light output. The "clip-on" soft handle is a concern as well; a dive buddy just lost his off his light this weekend.

---------- Post added ----------

That said I'd be interested in a small form-factor can light for travel. I keep thinking that something like a brighter X1-VB with 2 or 3 light levels and the option to run either a battery handle (like currently) as well as an "umbilical" that would connect the light head (on a hard Goodman handle) to a slightly bigger battery canister. The battery could be either the existing MB-Sub 3 x C-cell battery body or a small rechargeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom