New line of computers from PPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The detail links were working last night but not today.

Links are working again, not much new. i450 seems to be more like the OCi is all. Nothing I'm looking for here. I'm sure they're counting on brand loyalty for sales: Aqua Lung, Oceanic, Hollis, Sherwood... There will be no cost savings here. Oceanic is periodically available at real savings, may be so for the other brands too.

The I750T looks like the Aeris A300CS, rebranded as the Oceanic VTX. Wonder if it still eats batteries and can not be viewed in sunlight?

Did AL actually buy PPS, or have they just contracted with them to build their computer line?

Acquired Announcements

---------- Post added December 31st, 2015 at 11:43 AM ----------

Interesting, the list prices were on the detail links yesterday, but are gone today. Apparently, only the i300 is available now i750T soon, and i450T and i550 in the Spring. I felt compelled to compare prices to the equivalent Oceanic/Aeris products, but guess I will have to do that later. AI computers were listed without transmitters, diver log had to be purchased separately for all (Oceanic does not charge for this)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom