NEW M43 products for Nauticam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a couple of quick responses:

E-PL5 can be installed in the Nauticam E-PL3 Housing with some modifications. This doesn't look like it would be an easily user installable kit, and it has not been established whether this will even be offered for sale, but we can provide this updated housing upon request.

An Adapter for the Zen Olympus Pen ports on Nauticam housings isn't possible to make without pushing the ports forward. Because these adapted ports won't maintain proper lens placement, this isn't being considered at this time. The PA-NA-S3 Adapter is seen as a workaround for this situation, but I do understand the desire to reuse old gear where possible.

E-PL5 can be installed in the Nauticam E-PL3 Housing with some modifications. This doesn't look like it would be an easily user installable kit, and it has not been established whether this will even be offered for sale, but we can provide this updated housing upon request.

Ryan,

I am glad to hear that. What about a solution for people (like me) who bought the NA-PL3 and want to upgrade?

Best

Nir

Thank you for the feedback! I have about half year before my next serious diving trip anyway, I'll allow some time until things
develop around the epl5.

Just a couple of quick responses:

An Adapter for the Zen Olympus Pen ports on Nauticam housings isn't possible to make without pushing the ports forward. Because these adapted ports won't maintain proper lens placement, this isn't being considered at this time. The PA-NA-S3 Adapter is seen as a workaround for this situation, but I do understand the desire to reuse old gear where possible.

When will the lens extension ring ship; my guys in LA says it MIGHT be soon but still no news.
Bill

Reef Photo Video is my local retailer and they have had the 20 & 30mm extension ports in house since late December.

Also be aware that the 67mm macro ports with the extension ring also will work with the 12-50 zoom lens all the way to 12mm. As long as you DO NOT put a filter on the front of the lens as it will hit the port glass. As soon as you add a flip holder to the front of the port or the ring flash the lens will vignette at 12mm and beyond. So use at 12mm, zoom to 50mm then screw-on a closeup lens. The same holds true for the 12-50 port if you use a 67mm flip holder.

Phil Rudin

Last edited:
Reef Photo Video is my local retailer and they have had the 20 & 30mm extension ports in house since late December.

This actually isn't quite true... We haven't ever had the extensions in stock, but are filling orders as fast as Nauticam can ship them. Hopefully we'll have covered our entire backorder by the end of this month.

I entered a place holder order for Phil before the part number was ever published by Nauticam, and his extension shipped from our first order.

Ryan,

I am glad to hear that. What about a solution for people (like me) who bought the NA-PL3 and want to upgrade?

Best

Nir

I'd be interested in upgrading my NA-PL3 as well.
I think the E-M5's EVF with 45 angle add on viewfinder would make the perfect rig for me.

Thanks for the continued info and yet another useful post Phil.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom