New Member from Diving Hot Spot .....Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lewis Hoffman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:surrender:Okay I lied, Oklahoma isn't exactly the diving hot spot in the world but we do have some lakes to blow bubbles in. Until last month it had been 18 years since I went diving.

I recently went to Destin FL which was where I went on my first salt water dives. I didn't dive because it had been so many years since I had blown any bubbles but I did get the bug again. So, I grabbed my son and enrolled him in a certification class and I took a refresher. Ironically, just like before I found myself diving in a lake that had 3' visibility and I loved it. Working out the kinks and taking up spearfishing soon.

I look forward to being a part of the community.

Welcome Lewis! And congrats to you and your son. I have been trying to get down to Tenkiller for a couple of years now. Hopefully this fall I can get there. Let me know if you ever get up to Missouri or over to Arkansas.

DW

Planning on trying some spearfishing at Lake Norfolk or Bull Shoals sometime in August.

Planning on trying some spearfishing at Lake Norfolk or Bull Shoals sometime in August.

Maybe I can make it down, if you don't mind the intrusion? What gun do you have?

DW

I have an AR-15....:yeahbaby: I don't have one yet. I have been talking to some dive shops and divers who spearfish and I am thinking about taking a class or joining up with a few people who said I could try their guns before I purchased one.

I have an AR-15....:yeahbaby: I don't have one yet. I have been talking to some dive shops and divers who spearfish and I am thinking about taking a class or joining up with a few people who said I could try their guns before I purchased one.

HA HA HA!!!! Well played, sir!

That is a good idea, trying some guns out. I have a JBL D-6, if you ever get up this way and want to try it. Good little gun, I have had it about 25 years. Though, for the clearer water you might want to go a step or two up.

DW

Welcome Lewis. Where did you dive in good old Destin? We have "snowbirded" there often in past years.
..... Don't go back to Florida right now. Talk about a "hot spot".....

It was years ago on a boat called Fantasea. I don't remember the dive shop. It is out of business and a condo stands on the location the boat was at. There are two dive shops there. Scuba Tech and Emerald Coast. The folks at both of these places were very nice. We dove on a man made reef but there are several you tube videos of dives in the are if you search for Destin Scuba Diving.

Back
Top Bottom