Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get in now and and buy some second hand gear to get you diving as soon as you finish your course.

It will cost you less than renting for less than a handful of dives

the money other people are helping you to spend unnecessarily is better spent on gifts for your parents
or diving

Because all the gear you will ever use will always be "used" second hand

I would say it does matter, as many brands will not sell you service kits unless you are a certified tech working at an authorized dealer. I think we stand apart in that regard since we are willing to help support self service.

I said that? Apparently I did. :confused: What I meant is that if you are doing your own service, then you aren't tied to what your local shop will work on. But...indeed @LandonL is right, most manufacturers don't sell parts directly to the consumer. I don't own a Deep6 reg, but I do love their business model!

and why would you want to buy kits at manufacturers exorbitant prices
when you can buy all kits legitimately at a realistic price on the internet

and why would you want to buy kits at manufacturers exorbitant prices
when you can buy all kits legitimately at a realistic price on the internet

While you can buy O-rings on the internet from various sources many design specific HP seats, LP poppets, filters, and diaphragms are not easily sourced.

I would say it does matter, as many brands will not sell you service kits unless you are a certified tech working at an authorized dealer. I think we stand apart in that regard since we are willing to help support self service.

Welcome! This is one of the most enjoyable activities I can think of. :)

I will say the same thing others have said, take your time, there is no rush. When it comes time to buy regulators (and other gear) I hope you consider us! (Deep6)
Thank You, with so many manufacturers I’m carefully researching on my own too so I won’t make that mistake in rushing to build my gear and of course I don’t want to overspend...this reminds me of a diving meme I saw “Welcome to Scuba Diving you are now broke” but seriously The gear I’ll get that’s my lifeline down there i will go for reliability,dependablity,quality thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom