new micro 4/3 camera and goes underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have been since Feb(?). I played around with one in the Best Buy by me....

I bought the E-PL1 last week and am thoroughly enjoying it. I got the adapter so I can use the lenses I have for my E-520. Now I'm seriously considering the housing. I've never shot a housed DSLR so I know nothing about gears and such. Can someone explain where there gear goes and how it's used?

I'm also wanting to use the trays and arms I've always used for my C-5050 rig. I think if I'm understanding correctly, with the lens adapter I can use the 67mm S&S WA I already own...is that right?

I'm sorry but I can't tell from this website.....can I use my Inon D-180 with the E-PL1 housing?

TIA
Dee

Last edited:
FYI.... New firmware for faster AF:
Olympus PEN firmware promises faster AF: Digital Photography Review
Pricey new 9-18 lens:
Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4-5.6 Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
New software:
Olympus announces Viewer 2 software: Digital Photography Review

Sorry,Dee I've only seen the Oly housing... It had 67MM threaded mount. Not sure about the strobe question. The Oly housing I saw had Oly UW strobes. The strobes where optically fired and looked like a S & S strobe with Oly name on them.

I recently purchased the Olympus e-pl1. I am still learning how to use it to its fullest extent. Wide ASA range lends itself to new techniques. I have an adapter for my M mount lenses and a C mont adapter for super 8 movie lenses. The ability to use legacy lenses (especially 35 mm rangefinder lenses and cinematic C mount lenses) is a huge factor. These work great!

Anybody know if I can get an adaptor for my Nikonos 35mm wet/dry lense? Might make picking up a Nikonons 80mm lense worthwile. The others can't be used out of the water.

Joe....you mean the housing itself has a 67mm port size? If so, I won't need the adapter to use my Inon 165 closeup lens or the S&S 22mm wide angle. Guess I'll know for sure when it gets here!

Sorry,Dee I've only seen the Oly housing... It had 67MM threaded mount. Not sure about the strobe question. The Oly housing I saw had Oly UW strobes. The strobes where optically fired and looked like a S & S strobe with Oly name on them.

Dee; Your housing is on the way!

I have about 4 sets from this first order available at the store if anyone wants one - immediate shipping.

No, the housing does not accept the 67mm without the adapter.

Jack

Sorry Dee... The one I was looking at must have had the adapter on it at some point when I was fondling it at the dive show.
Jack sells the adapter at his shop.

I'm hoping Ikelite is watching this...

I want a 67mm thread on the housing and really do not need/want the electric viewfinder. I want as small or preferably smaller than my existing 5050 Ike housing I already own. I've become used to using the LCD on my 5050 rig already. I would think that if people really wanted a view finder they would go with DSLR camera that already has one. This has the potential to take DSLR quality stills, HD video in the size of a compact!!!
Ike, Please do this right.

Yes, please, Live View only, 67mm threaded removable port system with also optional Ike dome ports for both wet lenses and dry lenses--thank you.

If I wanted to squint through a vf I would just get a dSLR.

N

Sorry Dee... The one I was looking at must have had the adapter on it at some point when I was fondling it at the dive show.
Jack sells the adapter at his shop.

I'm hoping Ikelite is watching this...

I want a 67mm thread on the housing and really do not need/want the electric viewfinder. I want as small or preferably smaller than my existing 5050 Ike housing I already own. I've become used to using the LCD on my 5050 rig already. I would think that if people really wanted a view finder they would go with DSLR camera that already has one. This has the potential to take DSLR quality stills, HD video in the size of a compact!!!
Ike, Please do this right.

That's OK...I've already ordered the adapter. I also got the viewfinder but planned to use it topside rather than UW. Like you, I'm so used to my 5050's monitor...I'm spoiled to that monitor magnifier and deep hood so I'm hoping I can even see it!

Dee; Your housing is on the way!

I have about 4 sets from this first order available at the store if anyone wants one - immediate shipping.

No, the housing does not accept the 67mm without the adapter.

Jack

WooHoo! I got the FedEx email yesterday and have been watching the snail pace progress. Can you tell I'm impatient?!?! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom