new old diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy. I'm Tim, from Virginia.

I was originally certified by the YMCA a few years ago in the 1990s, and did a bit of diving in quarries and the Caribbean.

Now, my 13 yo son and I are going to Florida Sea Base next year with a crew from his Boy Scout troop for a scuba live-aboard trip, so he needed to get certified, and I decided to re-certify with along with my son since I haven't dived for at least as long as he's been alive.

We just finished our check out dives this past weekend at Lake Phoenix in Virginia, and my son has caught the fever. He's already planning other classes he wants to take before he goes to Florida, like a photography and video class.

I've lurked these boards quite a bit in the past, and decided to join up and participate now. The folks on this board have taught me a lot, and shared a lot of great information. Hopefully I'll be able to give back in a useful way as well.

Cheers!

Just got 2 of my granddaughters certified last year, ages 13 and 18. Went to Bonaire for 2 weeks in August and they LOVED it. It has reinvigorated my interest in diving and given me a new outlook on the ocean.

My wife and i pretty much hung up the fins where we started having kids, once the twins turned twelve we got all three kids certified, and now we have fun diving as a squad.

Back
Top Bottom