New Oly M4/3 camera + housing coming!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikitich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Tommorrow Oly will release new "pro" micro 4/3 camera called E-M5. According to this article 43 Rumors | Blog | (FT5) New (precious) Olympus E-M5 info! it will have UW housing.
"There is a E-M5 Diving box coming this summer (name PT-E08). It goes 45 Meters under water, and you can use the 14-42mm II, 14-42MM IIR or MZD 9-18mm lens. Yuo can also use MF lenses like the Zuiko ED 8mm f/3.5, the ZD 50mm f/2.0. The (exteranl) Flash that comes with the E-M5 can also be used."

interesting

The new housing reverts back to the DSLR port mount used on the PT-E housing systems.

Very feature rich camera, 1/250th sync. onboard flash.

Phil Rudin

On closer inspection this housing looks a lot like the PT-E05 housing for the Olympus E-520 with the O-ring color changed from orange. It has controls on the rear door where you would not find controls on the new E-M5 camera. The LCD screen size looks much to small as well. I think this Flickr image may be a fake.

Phil Rudin

Oop, well I guess we'll know for sure in 6 hours. :)

The new housing reverts back to the DSLR port mount used on the PT-E housing systems.

Very feature rich camera, 1/250th sync. onboard flash.

Phil Rudin
Hi Phil,
I'm assuming that the new 60mm macro lens will be 4/3 and not micro 4/3, therefore I will need an adaptor for my camera AND housing?
Do you know of any manufacturers who make the adaptor for the Olympus PT-EP03 housing to Olympus PT-E ports?
Bruce

According to the hype of the past 48 hours or so tomorrow we will see a new M43 camera and a new M43 60mm macro and 75mm F/1.8 lenses.

An adapter can be had to mount Olympus DSLR housing (PT-E) ports to m43 (PT-EP) housings. I feel the Zen Underwater ports are a better choice.

Phil Rudin

Looking forward to the announcement and learning the specs of this camera and housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom