New Olympus cameras + Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikitich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last edited:
Thanks for the links. Looks interesting. Says worlds fastest AF.
Looks like the flash is an add on, Underwater housing has bulge on top like E-PL1?
I wonder how that lighting, on the front of the lens, would work in video mode with back-scatter? Power for light?

Wow, and i'm still putting together my brand new E-PL2 setup...

This stuff will not be here till september... That isdefinitely so for the housings. They are always late.
As for me I want Oly to make a ZX-1 with m 4/3 sensor and focusing speed.

Wow, and i'm still putting together my brand new E-PL2 setup...

I am still adding on to the EPL1 (lol)

Hi Prop Joe,

The hump ala E-PL1 on the housing is the result of the external, (no built in ) strobe needed to fire the external strobes via fiber optic cords. The built-in focus lights looks cool for macro work and the new port appears to have the 67mm ring for close-up lenses already built in, an improvement over the snap-on ring.

It looks like the E-PL3 is getting a tiltable screen. I wonder if there will be a dive housing supporting that feature; it's something I've wished I had on several occasions.

Hi Fritz,

This is a kind of you get what you pay for option. The new E-PL3 housing clearly does not have a tilt screen. Nauticam now has a quality housing for the E-PL2, which has no tilt screen. On the Nauticam housing for the NEX-5 the screen can be tilted. My guess is that in the event of a future Nauticam housing for the E-PL3 they would take advantage of this feature.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom