New Oms Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any inside scoops on the new OMS regulator? No i am not talking about their deco regs, but the brand new one that will likely be introduced at DEMA. What do you guys know about it?
See pictures here: http://www.omsdive.com/regs.html

I saw a regulator second stage they were working on about a year ago in conjunction with poseidon that looked like an odin body with the diaphragm/exaust valve from an AGA mask. It was all red and had a good heavy duty body. The first stage looked like an xtream first stage piston. The OMS rep at the time was saying they were about a year away from production, then at BTS a few months ago they said they were still another six months away from production but didn't say anything about this new reg they have coming out. At BTS they stil had pictures of the red Odin style I had seen.
Maybe it was a clever ruse to foil any industrial espionage by the regulator spies that are lurking in the shadows..(you know who you are!!!!)

I would be curious to know who is making their regs for them...

:confused:

nyresq once bubbled...
The first stage looked like an xtream first stage piston. The OMS rep at the time was saying they were about a year away from production,
:confused:

FIrst of all, its NOT an Xstream first stage, and secondly its a diaphragm reg.

This newer vaporware reg that rescuediver is talking about is a balanced piston.

Just like the galvanized OMS cylinders, these two regs havent made it out yet.

I think they just like playin with all of our emotions.

They are obviously waiting for DEMA. why sould you release something before the show?

Back
Top Bottom