New Photo Center planned at LCBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Saw this in a response from LCBR management on tripadvisor and thought some here might be interested to read it:

We are sorry to disappoint about the gym, but it has been permanently closed and is being transitioned to a photo and training center. We have so many underwater photographers who visit that we determined it would serve a larger number of guests with this conversion. With the assistance of Backscatter Underwater Photo & Video (arguable the foremost expert in all things underwater photo), we are staffing it with a knowledgeable pro who will be able to help guests troubleshoot, do minor maintenance and repairs, and provide support even with photo editing on the 2 Macs we have purchased. Our goal is for guests to take home great memories and photo/video remembrances of their vacation. Although we realize that some like you actually used the old exercise room - we went weeks without a single person in it. So hopefully you will find running or biking our flat roads, using our paddleboards and kayaks, and/or swimming in the bay a reasonable replacement during vacation.

Kinda limited given that it's mac only but I like the idea. On the other hand, the only time I've ever entered a gym on vacation was when I was under the influence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom