Suggestion New photo- / video-related sub-forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Gents,

A lot of us have expensive camera and video gear, and new threads pop up regularly about the pros and cons of various insurance companies.

The advice in each thread differs, as do recommendations, and it's difficult to get a real sense of what's going on e.g. with DEPP at the moment.

Furthermore, it would provide a dedicated area where the insurance companies can discuss policies with the policy holders, much as has been done with the manufacturers forum. At the moment, individual threads are being ignored by the big boys because they don't get huge coverage.

Your thoughts?

You want another photo/video forum?

A new forum, no, an additional sub-forum, yes. Rather like the Nikon Niche, Panasonic, Canon sub-forums.

The photography main forum would probably be the best place to put it, but if necessary, a stickied link could be placed in the video section as well.

Let me put up a thread in the Photo section to judge the support for this idea (should have done this first, really).

I don't believe we would have the insurance people willing to participate in answering questions. If there are any out there, we would love to talk with them.

You might be right - they're not exactly leaping in to defend themselves on the DEPP thread, are they?

But in a way, that almost proves the validity of my point - if divers can be provided with a dedicated forum to air grievances, but also to acknowledge good service, it may enourage them to get involved, or, as I say, lose business to a more astute competitor.

If no forum exists, then there's no motivation in dealing with individual complaints which will be relegated two pages back in a few weeks time, buried under 200 nudibranch photos...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom